Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pumpkin Patch --

Okay, so this pumpkin patch visit was the same day we went to the Harvest Festival...I'm so behind...but they're cute pictures and it was a fun day...so I'm going to post them...AND THEN I will post Halloween. Something about staying in order...I don't know...who cares, right? lol

After the Harvest festival we went on an ADVENTURE to say the least!! I say this because...I was with a friend...who I love dearly! She's seriously the best! Well, I'd never been to Apple Annie's before...but she had gone every year. We had a late start that day because of the Harvest Festival first...so she told me she knew a shortcut. I'd already googled the normal way so we'd know how to get there in case...but she said she knew the way and this short cut was much quicker. So instead of taking the highway like we'd normally do to go to Wilcox or Tucson direction, we took a short cut through Fort Grant. Where she told me there was a dirt road we turn on to get to the pumpkin patch. When we go to Bonita, there were 3 dirt roads. hahah!!! Just imagine the resf of this story...and you're probabaly right. We're driving down one, and she says, "This looks familiar! We must be going the right way" Now picture the middle of the desert.... The middle of the desert looks the same no matter what direction you're driving! you see the same dirt, cacti, roadrunners, etc, whether you're driving east or west. Well, we went completley the wrong direction for an hour and a half!!! But the funny thing is...it was funny!!! The kids were having a hay day in the car, laughing at all the things we saw on the way that were funny to them and telling stories about the roadrunner and coyote we amost hit. Oh, and the cattle the blocked the road!! YES -- we had an ADVENTURE to say the least! But it was funny how fun it was!!!


Once we finally found cell service and were able to call someone to get the right directions....we turned a complete 180...and headed the right way! Needless to say...we found the place before closing and got to go on one of the last hayrides and pick our pumpkins just before dusk!!! The kids had fun on the hayride, in the pumpkin patch and afterward playing in the barrels of corn!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comments:

little olsen clan said...

cute! :) love your blog!